If not us, who?
- Be a part of the movement again. As an integral part of the public school employees’ union, your TSTA membership contributed to a stronger movement that supported and strengthened public education in Texas. Strength in numbers, remember? Imagine how effective your wealth of knowledge and experience could impact education today. Now with TSTA-R, you can continue to support public education and advocate for the welfare of all retired school employees.
- Attention near-retirees! Plan ahead and enroll in TSTA Pre-Retired while still employed and gain Lifetime Membership! Go to TSTA Pre-Retired Membership to find out more information.
- Member Benefits. As a member of TSTA-R/NEA-R, don’t forget to take advantage of benefits such as Click & Save, savings and investment plans, credit programs, and insurance discounts. Go to www.neamb.com to find out how to recoup your dues!
- Fellowship and social networking opportunities. Meet with other education retirees in your area on the regional, state, and national level. Get together for general meetings in your area. Plan trips through tour packages. Organize and become a leader. Volunteer together in your community. Attend TSTA and NEA conventions.
How to Join TSTA-Retired/NEA-Retired
Step 1: Download and print the TSTA-R Membership Form.
Step 2: Fill out form completely.
- Remember that in order to qualify, you must be eligible to receive a pension and you must have been employed by a school district for at least 5 years.
- Check which payment option best fits your needs.
- Some regional associations will charge additional dues to meet organizational needs. For more information on regional dues, contact a regional director. Here is a list of regional directors.
- Note that if you choose Annual Membership, you must renew membership every year by sending in your renewal check and updating any personal information, such as address and phone number changes.
- If you enroll in Pre-Retired Lifetime Membership, please remember to notify TSTA of your retirement date as soon as you make that decision by calling (512) 476-5355 or toll free at (877) ASK-TSTA. At that point, TSTA will change your status from “Pre-Retired” to “Retired.”
Step 3: Make checks out to TSTA-R/NEA-R. Mail in check with the form to:
316 W. 12th Street
Austin, TX 78701
If paying by credit card, we will call you at the phone number provided once we receive your form for the payment information.
You may fax enrollment forms to 512-486-7043, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.