To promote and advocate for the dignity, security, and well-being of the TSTA-R membership and to support the TSTA efforts to enhance public education.
TSTA-R is dedicated to the promotion of retirement with dignity, happiness, and adequate income through:
- Promoting the social, professional and economic status and the general welfare of retired school employees.
- Furthering the advancement of public education in Texas and the United States of America.
- Promoting membership, communications, cooperation, and leadership development within the TSTA-R/NEA-R membership.
- Furnishing a practical basis for united action with others who are devoted to the cause of education.
- Promoting voluntary participation by its members in civic and educational affairs.
- Developing a legislative program for members through the TSTA legislative process.
- Becoming involved in the election of pro-education candidates to public office and lobbying for educational measures in conjunction with policy decisions made by TSTA.
- Supporting TSTA/NEA programs and practices, abiding by their Bylaws and not opposing, outside of the Association’s policy making process, any policy or program of TSTA/NEA.
- Encouraging and assisting the activities of TSTA and TSTA-SP at the state and local levels.