Hello Aspiring Educator!
Thank you for joining the Texas State Teachers Association-Aspiring Educators Program! As a member of TSTA-AE, you will find many different opportunities to expand your knowledge. Throughout the year, you will have the opportunity to attend local meetings, district conventions, and our state convention, which are all great opportunities for professional development.
Each local chapter will have a chance to engage with the community by creating service projects or volunteer work. I encourage you to be an active member by being a part of community service projects that your local chapter participates in!
A very important part of TSTA-AE is political activism. We strive to understand how political action will affect us in the classroom. All decisions that affect your classroom are made by elected officials which is why it is so important to make sure you stay involved in elections in your area and support pro public education candidates!
TSTA-AE consists of a group of students, teachers, and mentors, all striving to be the best educators they can possibly be. Our group transforms from colleagues to family. We share ideas, goals, and the same passion. I’m so glad you have chosen to be a part of our association!
I encourage you to explore the following websites and take advantage of the many opportunities that await you as a member of TSTA-Aspiring Educators:
- www.tsta.org: information about the Texas State Teachers Association
- www.nea.org: information about the National Education Association, the largest organization for teachers in the nation
- www.nea.org/student: information about the NEA-Aspiring Educator Program
- www.neamb.com/: discounts on shopping, travel, dining and much more through programs for savings on brand name merchandise, online stores, and popular restaurants
- https://neaedjustice.org/: get connected and engaged to advocate for racial and social justice in our schools and communities.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Texas State Teacher Association Aspiring Educator State President
Sul Ross University